For registered (GMC/ NMC) Doctors, Nurses and Midwives
This half day course fulfils the three yearly update requirements of the
PHE NHS Cervical Screening Programme, Guidance for the training of cervical screening sample takers, Nov 2016
BE PREPARED FOR SAMPLE TAKER REGISTRATION AND CQC VISITS
PHE NHS Cervical Screening Programme, Guidance for the training of cervical screening sample takers, Nov 2016 (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/cervical-screening-cervical-sample-taker-training) advises sample takers should undertake a minimum of one half day’s update training every three years, which must cover:
- Current developments in the NHS cervical screening programme, both nationally and locally
- Recent literature relevant to sample taking, sampling devices, Human Papilloma virus (HPV) and individual’s needs
- Changes to screening policies and procedures
- Identification of personal learning needs
- A qualitative assessment of 20 recent consecutive samples produced by the sample taker, looking at reflective practice, ideally transformation zone sampling and positive pick up rates
- Learning from incidents in the programme
- See the Course Dates list
- Update course are half-day (morning or afternoon start depending on date)
- Download the Booking Form (PDF) to book onto this course. Please contact us if you have any questions related to your booking.
- Venues vary depending on date, see the Course Dates list and Course Venues list for more information.
This course is for registered (GMC/ NMC) Doctors, Nurses, Midwives, Physician Associates and Registered Nursing Associates registered with the PA-MVR (Physician Associate Managed Voluntary Register)